Everyone among expatriates who are working in Saudi Arabia and living without their families, is interested in having family visa for Saudi Arabia. Because it is not easy to survive in a location where you don’t have your relatives, friends, language mates etc.
Being an expatriate I have gone through this process so I would like to share the process of getting family visa so others can benefit.
Below are prerequisites and procedures which are required to obtain a Family Visa in Saudi Arabia. This process is divided many steps to make it clear and understandable. Before thinking or proceeding in to this you must be aware that you are required to have a Valid Saudi Iqama, a Suitable Technical Profession that is eligible for applying a family visa as per Saudi Arabian labor laws. If you are not sure your profession is suitable for a family visa you may ask your company’s HR department, legal advisory or corporate representative.
.First Applying for the visa (being in Saudi Arabia) and Second is Applying for Visa Stamping from your Home Country.
Applying for Family Visa Pre-Requisites
Please gather these documents.
- Copy of Your iqama.
- Copy of Your passport which includes information page, Visa page, Airport Entry Stamp page.
- Original Marriage certificate that is attested by Saudi Consulate in your home country and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your home country.
- Arabic Translation of Marriage Certificate from an approved Translation center located in Saudi Arabia.
- Graduation Degree or 3 Years Technical Diploma with attestation from Saudi Consulate in your home country and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your home country.
- Arabic Translation of Degree from an approved Translation center located in Saudi Arabia.
Procedure for applying Family Visa
- Get a Letter from your employer which is describing your Profession and salary.
- Get a Visa Application form from HR Department of your company or nearest Istikdam Office or download it from Pro Saudi Blog, Fill the form in Arabic. Normally the Legal Advisor of your company should do this sort of stuff. (Get this form filled by any Arabic literate person).
- The Family Visa application form should be stamped/signed by your sponsor(kafeel,company) and you.
- Get these documents ( pre-requisites + Letter + Visa Application Form) and bind them in one file.
- Visit Nearest Istikdam office in your city and apply for the visa. Further information can be gathered from the office itself.
- Istikdam office clerk will issue you a Yellow paper which is actually a Family visa. If Istikdam office didn’t issue in the first appearance, he may give you a later time to come and collect it.
- After Getting the Yellow paper you can start processing Family Visa from your home country through an agent.
Disclaimer: The author of this blog is not a law professional and does not hold any responsibility of misunderstanding and wrong doing of anyone. The author of the blog has gone through all this process, (1. Documents attestation from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, 2. Change of Profession, 3. Applying for a family visa, 4. Stamping visa to passport from Saudi Embassy and finally getting family in Saudi Arabia. So the above information should be considered a guide-line or information.
The author is not affiliated with any Recruiting Agency, Travel Agency, General Services Agency, Legal firm or Job Provider. The author will not accept any claim of misguidance, fraud or any other thing of same kind. Saudi Arabian Govt might change the law anytime in future so the best option for you to get family visa is; consult responsible department of your company.