To change your Profession in your Saudi Work Permit or Iqama, you must have a valid University degree or a 3 years technical diploma which is attested by Saudi Consulate in your home country and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your home country. To attest your degree you must have gone through the following process. This is a Prerequisite to Changing Profession in Saudi Arabia.
1. Request a Letter from your Company; to Saudi Consulate for Attesting your Degree / Diploma.
If you are already present in Saudi Arabia, You need a letter from your Company/Sponsor to Saudi Consulate in your home country. The Letter should state that you are having an Iqama and working in Saudi Arabia and company has no objection if Saudi Embassy will attest your degree, then attest this letter from chamber of commerce in Saudi Arabia. Soon I will post a snapshot of this letter.
However if you are not present in Saudi Arabia or you didn’t reach Saudi Arabia yet, request such a letter from your employer via email or telephone and ask them to send original copy of the letter via Postal Service.
2. What else is required to Get your Degree / Diploma Attested
Once you received such a letter, gather below documents in one file.
- Letter from your Employer to Saudi Consulate (Explained Above)
- Copy of your Iqama
- Copy of your passport.
- Original Degree or Diploma
3. Prerequisites of Getting your Degree / Diploma Attested from Saudi Consulate in your Home Country
Before submitting it for attestation from Saudi Embassy / Consulate get your degree attested by yourself from following offices.
- Higher Education Commission of your home country
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your home country
Once degree/diploma is get attested from above, Move to step 4
4. Finally Submit to Saudi Consulate for Attestation
Contact any recruiting agency, travel agency or agent who is specialized for dealing with Consulate of Saudi Arabia in your home country. Almost all the agents who arrange Umrah Visas can help you in attesting your documents. Make sure to attest degree from following.
- Saudi Culture Center in home country
- Saudi Consulate in home country
In Pakistan all these offices are located in Islamabad. Please note that you can’t go to embassy yourself for this work, you should find an agent who is approved by Saudi Consulate to do this. This is the website of one of the agents doing this.