Almost 4 Million Muslims from around the world will gather in Saudi Arabia’s Mecca for annual Hajj pilgrimage. Below are some pictures from Hajj 2017
Hajj is one of 5 pillars of Islam, which is all performed while wearing Ihram (a special dress consist of 2 white sheets of cloth for men & women in well covered dress), there are some prohibitions while wearing Ihram, either you wear it for Hajj or Umrah.
- Not to use perfume.
- Not to remove finger-nails, toe-nails, and hair.
- Men should not cover their head.
- Women should not cover their face, neither wear gloves.
- Not to use a dress with stitches and sewing.
- Not to haunt an edible or wild animal.
- Not to have sexual intercourse or similar things.
Hajj 2017 is coming within coming week. Here is a list of items which you need to pack in your bags before going to Hajj. This list is compiled by Learn-From-Your-Mistakes-Blog. I just re-write that given information for you.
What to Pack if you are going to Hajj – Men & Women
- Ihram outfits 2 pcs: One to wear on first day and second you may change it at mina after returning from Arafah.
- Face Masks to wear out in crowds.
- Sunglasses and Cap.
- Rubber slippers.
- Running shoes socks for 3 day’s stoning the Jamarat. Be ready for long walks and try to practice in advance.
- Pajamas, only cotton casual clothes, extra under clothes. Bathrooms are a bit tricky.
- A Safety kit with..
- Tissues and wet wipes
- Vaseline or Deo Sticks (for Ihram rash or others)
- Non-scented soap and Shampoo
- Sunscreen for last 3 days
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Panadol tablets
- Vitamin c effervescent. (Must take one 1000 m every day to beat infections)
- Anti inflammatory to help with after walk pain Antihistamine. Take one every day even if not needed.
- Antacid (Gaviscon etc)
- Personal Mobile Phone and a Power Bank, you will mostly use it to call your companions and your family in women’s tents.
- Extension Cord. Your phone battery won’t last more than a day. Every tent has limited sockets. Having your own cord will help have constant power.
- Umbrella for sun. A battery operated fan would be optimum and water spray bottle
- Quran, Duas (supplication) and other Islamic books
- Always carry a water bottle in hand. You need to stay hydrated. (You can buy these locally)
- Ziploc bags for stones picked in Muzdhalifah. Empty water bottle will also do.
- Ear plugs, very important unless you are immune to snoring.
- Coat hanger (also to use for drying washed clothes)
- Get online search for Makah on Google maps. Make sure you can see Mina Arafat and Muzdhalifah on the map. Save map offline. This will help you use the map without any Internet connection. Mark your tent when you reach mina. Now you know how to get back whenever you get lost.
- Waist Pouch
- A bag that fits the above stuff. Remember you will need more bags in case you are going to Hajj with your family.
Some Additional Stuff for Women Pilgrims Only
Along with above items, women may need additional items below.
- Sanitary Pads
- Safety Pins for Hijab (Niqab, whatever you call it.)
- Snacks high in sugar, high glucose and high fiber for the much needed energy boost. Cereal bars, m&m peanut, fruit bars, dates. Etc
And lastly the most important point
Make sure you pay attention to detail. Learn what you need to do. Ask. Investigate. Don’t follow others blindly. So why pack the above items??? The author is having years of experience behind this information. Taqabal Allah (May Allah accept your hajj)