Driving License in Saudi Arabia comes in multiple duration, (2 years, 5 years, 10 years). All of them having different license fee which is explained below. If you don’t have a saudi driving license and you are looking for one, Read this Step by Step Guide How to Make Driving License in Saudi Arabia. Also if your Car Registration is expired you may read it here How to Renew Car Registration in Saudi Arabia.
How to renew your driving license in Saudi Arabia
1. Pay Driving License Fee
Depending on the type of your driving license, Pay the fee using a Bank account of your own or any of your friends. Normally the driving license fee is 40 SR per year for a private license of small car. So in-case you want to renew it following is the fee structure.
- 2 Years = 80 Saudi Riyals
- 5 Years = 200 Saudi Riyals
- 10 Years = 400 Saudi Riyals
I suggest you to do the payment by yourself or if you want any agents to do it for you, they might charge up-to 50 SR for nothing. Driving license fee can be paid from any bank account either SABB, NCB, Riyadh Bank or Al-Rajhi. Keep the payment receipt with your file as well.
2. Fill up Re-newel Form
Download this form Issue / Renew Driving License Form and fill it in Arabic. Attach 2 personal photographs (4in x 6in) with white background and attach them with the form.
3. Complete the file
Complete your file by adding following.
- Receipt of bank payment.
- Copy of your Iqama
- Your original Driving License (expired)
4. Submit your file at Moroor
Confirm nearest Moroor office (from your friend or colleague or any local resident) and submit your file to get renewed license. They might ask you for an eye test and will guide you to the place where you can complete this test. Once you get a report of your eye test, visit them back and they will print your license within 5-10 minutes.
Here is a list of green companies in Saudi Arabia. This list is complied by Pakistan Consulate in Jeddah at their website. Below is the attached PDF file. This list might be quite useful for Job seekers to try their luck for a better job in Saudi Arabia. As per Saudi Govt laws only green colored companies are suitable for expatriates to do jobs. In case an expat worker who is working in Red Category or Yellow Category company he might transfer his sponsorship into a Green Category company.
Najm (نجم) is an official Insurance company in Saudi Arabia which helps at the time of if unfortunately you got a road accident. Once you report a road accident, an official from Najm arrives at accident spot and helps you and the other accident party to evaluate amount of loss and damage and redirect you to next steps to avail insurance amount and fix the vehicle.
Keep in mind that Najm Company investigates the accidents without taking any financial rewards from either of road accident parties. It is essential that one party to the accident should hold a valid insurance policy from one of the insurance companies operating in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and adopted by Arabian Monetary Agency.
- Call the toll Free number 920000560 from your mobile and notify customer service about the following
- Name of informer.
- I.D / Iqama no.
- Mobile no.
- No. of car’s plate and type of the car
- No of insurance policy.
- Name of insurance company
- Location of accident
- Any distinguished or outstanding signs of the accident.
- Inform customer service if the cars involved in the accident can move or not.
- Be sure to note the number of the case and date of the accident (given by the recipient of the call center) to facilitate the procedure of following up you case with insurance company in the future.
Which Road Accident are not under scope of Najm Company
- Accidents that happen outside the geographical coverage of Najm Company.
- Accidents that result in death cases, injuries or fires, or a result of a natural disaster or criminal accident.
- Accident where none of the parties to the accident have a valid insurance policy from one of the insurance companies operating in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and adopted by Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency.
Visit the Najm website for more information.